View Single Post

Old 04-01-2013, 03:32 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 6,738 Times in 2,623 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyphertext View Post
Surprised we haven't had a thread on this. I hadn't heard about this new offering from Colt until a few minutes ago. From what I have read, it does not have the forward assist or dust cover, and it offers a 1/8 twist, free float barrel. Seems though that the pedigree of this Colt offering is in question, and that it may not be a Colt at all, other than in name.

So, has anyone seen one? Looks like it was made to go head to head with the Sport. If you have seen one, post up some opinions. I am curious and may have to go find one myself.
I saw one last week. The box is marked Colt, as is the rifle. It does not have sights, dust cover or forward assist. The lower has a fixed trigger guard instead of the pivoting "Arctic trigger guard." The barrel is M4 profile, free floated with a round hand guard with one section of rail t the 12 o'clock position and holes for additional sections of rail at 3, 6 and 9 o'clock. It comes with one Magpul 30 round mag.

GunBlast did a video review. It seemed to work great. According to the video, the gun is assembled in Kentucky. Anderson Arms is either making or assembling them. As to mil-spec or not, I cannot comment, but it seems like a good deal for the price. It seems to be Colt's answer to the S&W Sport and equivalent rifles.