View Single Post

Old 04-01-2013, 06:56 PM
Absent Comrade

Liked 21,085 Times in 4,914 Posts

Man, I feel your pain, & I mean that literally! Sometime back, my health took a "turn", & I did about six months in the hospital, ninety days of that in Cardiac Intensive Care. My Dad told me after I was out that at one point the docs were basically rolling the dice on my chances. I finally made it out of there & into Rehab, & they decided I needed a pacemaker. So, back to Cardiac. They put the pacemaker in & I went back to Rehab. I was doing good, but one day one of the therapists noticed blood on the chest of my hospital gown. Yep, pacemaker site infected. Back to Cardiac. They removed the infected one & installed a temporary external one to allow me to "heal". Back to Rehab. They put a wonderful machine on my first pacemaker site that drew the infection out. I wish I could remember the name of it, but I have tried to forget a lot of stuff that happened in that time period. So, infection gone? Back to Cardiac. This time, I think there was a lot more supervision, both in person & from above, if you get what I'm saying. I guess the whole point of this long ramble is to say never give up & NEVER doubt the efficacy of prayers. Mine are headed your way!

Last edited by timn8er; 04-01-2013 at 08:21 PM.