View Single Post

Old 04-02-2013, 09:55 AM
US Veteran

Liked 1,599 Times in 993 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn mccarver View Post
I saw one last week. The box is marked Colt, as is the rifle. It does not have sights, dust cover or forward assist. The lower has a fixed trigger guard instead of the pivoting "Arctic trigger guard." The barrel is M4 profile, free floated with a round hand guard with one section of rail t the 12 o'clock position and holes for additional sections of rail at 3, 6 and 9 o'clock. It comes with one Magpul 30 round mag.

GunBlast did a video review. It seemed to work great. According to the video, the gun is assembled in Kentucky. Anderson Arms is either making or assembling them. As to mil-spec or not, I cannot comment, but it seems like a good deal for the price. It seems to be Colt's answer to the S&W Sport and equivalent rifles.
I've been wondering if and when Colt would come out with something like this to "help" their civilian sales. With all the "New and improved" out there and Military cut backs they had to do something besides just rely on the name. Esp. when you can buy just as good as,for less in many different "flavors" for civilian use and "most" everything meets Mil-Spec or better standards anyway. Not to mention build your own from the ground up and still keep your cost with-in reason.

To me. The basic M&P Sport is a great entry level rifle ready to shoot. Sounds like this new Colt might be one too.