View Single Post

Old 04-02-2013, 10:22 AM
US Veteran

Liked 1,599 Times in 993 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobermo View Post
Does the colt 6900 free float barrel increase accuracy? I want a mil spec receiver so I can upgrade so that may limit my options. I'm waiting for the market to get back to normal and ammo availability. Dont want to purchase something I can't shoot right now.

The Free Float will do better in any rifle. You will see improvement in factory loads. But where it really pays off is shooting "dialed in" reloads you work up to match that weapon and what ever barrel twist it has and what bullet weight flies the best.

I'd venture to say "everything" AR wise IS Mil-Spec unless it's some off breed knock-off from Tim-buck-to. ALL new civilian AR parts are interchangeable form one to the other.

As for the getting back to "normal" and ammo. If you can find what you want at a fair price,I'd get it. When ammo catches up,those prices will drop as it starts to stay on the shelves longer. Another mad dash for MSR's might drive another price jump in them for awhile.

Not knowing the actual outcome of what's going to happen. I'd rather have an MSR in hand right now and no ammo before something slides under the table and says No More MSR's and granfather what we already have (for who knows how long). Ammo might be hard to find or it might be coming out our ears with out any new weapons being made. It's a tough call only you can make.