View Single Post

Old 04-02-2013, 10:31 AM

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

I've used whitehatholsters maxtuck, whitehat owb sideslide, foxx hybrid holster, foxx little fox and a blackhawk paddle holster. I've also got a 30 inch waist.
The only comfortable option for me was the OWB whitehat sideslide, and the foxx little fox holster.
The maxtuck is really nice, and the foxx hybrid is inexpensive but they just took up too much surface area for me(gaps as you mentioned). Foxx kydex is fairly thin, while whitehat has very thick kydex. If I wear 32/33 inch waist pants, the extra width of the holster doesn't bother me. If I wear my 30 inch waist pants, things get pretty rough. I can swing wearing the little foxx, but still wouldn't recommend it.

The OWB from whitehat is very nice but I don't think the price is justified. Also doesn't help when you need to tuck a shirt in.

I wear the little foxx holster whenever I have to wear a dress shirt and tuck it in. Takes up very little surface area, only one clip showing and draw is nice and easy. You can adjust the cant a little bit, but no rise changes.

Never had an all kydex holster, and won't even bother talking about the blackhawk holster in depth. It is great for open carry, but would not work concealed unless it's winter and you have a huge jacket to cover it.