View Single Post

Old 04-04-2013, 10:40 AM

Liked 14 Times in 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamloco76 View Post
Folks, I belong to several other gun related online forums. None of them had this latest great deal posted, so I did what I felt was a good thing and started threads on all just like this one by Moonman. Jeeze-the people on the other sites just don't get it! One took down my post. On another the few replies were bashing either Glenn Beck or the NRA. Mostly its just been ignored.

Glad to see this forum still has people willing to step-up to the plate and strengthen the NRA when we need the organization most.
Amazing, but not surprising these days. I ran into similar situations, didnt get deleted but had NRA MEMBERSHIP threads moved to a Politics area where you have to be a member to post.

I belong to a Southern hunting forum and I was FLOORED at how few were even "basic" NRA members, and a few of the regular members are (mostly rural) LEOs!

I got the same feeling when I started posting other comments about NRA membership benefits, and some of the battle being waged. I was defending the benefits in an NRA membership thread on a HUNTING/FIREARM forum!

Majority are young guys, under 30 or so, and I know most dont have a lot of "extra" money these days, based on the posts in this referenced forum, but there is a uniform lack of interest and a much larger lack of understanding regarding history about Second Amnd. and ownership rights.

Their attitude is more like "let someone else deal with the fight" or "nothing I can do to change anything" sentiment.

Some posted they didnt want to spend the money....$35.00 at the time. $35.00!!!!

One guy even came back on very vocal towards NRA's lack of customer service, complaining he hadnt received his free Bass Pro coupon or whatever the NRA was given out to new members........ a month or so ago during the height of the anti gun battle! (I explained they were "probably" busy fighting to keep our rights, and new memberships were processing)

He was one of the "respected" (clique) regular posting rural LEOs too, which was amazing x 2.

Last edited by LeeVance; 04-04-2013 at 10:53 AM.
The Following User Likes This Post: