Thread: .32 H&R Magnum
View Single Post

Old 04-08-2013, 09:47 PM

Liked 9,405 Times in 4,216 Posts

Now that you have expanded your question I'll expand my answer. The project I just completed was to have a 327 Federal Magnum ("... the most powerful 32 caliber handgun in the world." to paraphrase Dirty Harry) built on what I consider to be its ideal platform, the K-frame S&W. When I got it back and took it out to the range everyone wanted to know how it shot and what did it feel like. Since the gun was originally a Model 66, I knew well how it felt with everything from 38 Special mid-range target loads to fairly warm 357 Magnum loads.

I described the felt recoil as partway between a standard 38 Special service load and 357 Mag. Maybe a good 38 +P. I'm shooting a 125 grain NOE bullet based on the old Ideal 3118 in front of 8.1 grains of Accurate #7 (which I only recommend for full sized revolvers or rifles) for a velocity of about 1200 fps, close to the 357 Mag load with that bullet weight. I hope this will help your curiosity... I can identify with the concept of being retired on fixed income, as I am also. I did a lot of careful wheeling and dealing to enable the construction of this, one of my "grail guns" and I'm glad I did.

Froggie

Last edited by Green Frog; 04-08-2013 at 09:53 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: