View Single Post

Old 04-09-2013, 04:52 AM

Liked 56 Times in 44 Posts
Thumbs up

Just me, but I'd put a few hundred rounds through it before doing anything.

If you still find it unpleasant, run to the Apex web site and order up whatever variation on the DCAEK kit they're offering for the Shield.

(OK, I've got 'em on three larger M&P's with great success.)

As a rule, it seems like they shoot in a bit no matter what. You can get the Apex kit to improve things, or rummage around for Burwell's mods (I hope I'm spelling his name right), which is a DIY version of the Apex kits. Personally, I wouldn't touch the sear, but the mod to the drop safety plunger (both are somewhat critical) is safe enough.

(OK, my skill level is roughly "getting the grips back on the proper side", but that's because I'm a 1911 guy, and you either have to have something of the gunsmithing gene, or have a buddy who does. We have a "fixit" gene in the family - my grandfather had it, as did all three of his sons. I think it missed my mom, though. Dad was a dentist and pretty good at things like bridges and dentures, but guess who had to go to his office to change light bulbs. My wife has issues with light switches, but our daughter's pretty good at such things when she can't foist the job off on me.)

Enjoy the Shield!

Regards,