Thread: Safe Queens
View Single Post

Old 04-09-2013, 03:08 PM
US Veteran

Liked 23,758 Times in 6,182 Posts

Well, in the first place the mere concept of a "safe queen" is foreign to me. All of my guns, even my precious Lew Horton 24-3, have to work for a living. They ALL get range time. Some more than others but every body works around here.

But my best friend in life has a Colt Gold Cup in Stainless Steel from somewhere in the 80s. If I had that I might not be able to resist shooting it SOMETIMES but I'd sure try. It's the hands down, no doubt about it, without question, fo' sho' most accurate fire arm I've ever pulled a trigger on. I shoot it better than he does. One ragged hole with 20 rounds at 15 yards.....every time.

I can't even begin to describe the grips on it except to say that they are made out of beautiful ash by a friend of his that is in the business. They are one of a kind and that is the most beautiful 1911 I've ever seen.

He knows how badly I want this bun and he has told me that he has it in his will that I receive it if he dies before I do. I love him like a brother. We've been friends for over half a century and we have been through hell together...more than once. But even though I'd be devastated and miss him terribly if he does die first I hope I have time to find a dark closet before the smile breaks out on my face.......

I love that gun!!!!!
The Following User Likes This Post: