View Single Post

Old 04-13-2013, 02:43 PM
US Veteran

Liked 1,922 Times in 1,129 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by agksimon View Post
I had a PM9 that I had to do a lot of chamber/ramp polishing and magazine work, to get it to finally run right. The Shield 9 has been 100% right out of the box and the trigger is a nice one too.
Their CW models were made for carry not for show so they are not finely finished, conventional rifling instead of polygonal rifling, internal my CW45 has a polished feed ramp from the factory, I don't own any of the higher priced units so can't compare. I've never had a problem with mine put hundreds of rounds down range with it even my wife, son and his wife shot it with not problems. Never had a mag problem. There is a 200 round break in period which mine did not experience any failures during. Front site is still solid even with heavy recoil of .45acp,, they are plastic and held in only by looks to be melting over the tab. Replacement sites come with a screw to hold them on Trijicon is the way to go tho. With all the excellent reviews I’ve read about them with some negative one’s is the reason I picked it for CCW small, compact, doesn’t print IWB or OWB much and has been very reliable for me as I stated. Try to shoot them both some ranges will rent them, and see which one is right for you remember you are the one who needs to be satisfied.
And yes I own more S&W's then Kahr's

Last edited by gdnagle; 04-13-2013 at 02:46 PM.