View Single Post

Old 04-13-2013, 02:57 PM
US Veteran
Absent Comrade

Liked 5,261 Times in 1,885 Posts

I read a lot of complaints about the M&P triggers...I guess I'm just "trigger challenged" or something, because I don't mind them at all. Heck, I don't even mind the trigger on my SD9VE! Most if not all the revolvers I have ever shot in DA (except the Ruger LCR) had a heavier trigger pull. No, they aren't 1911 smooth and light...but they aren't 1911s.

I've owned three Kahrs (two CW9s and one CW45) and while I do agree the triggers are good, I do not see Kahr in general as in the same league as S&W. First and foremost, at one time Kahr had a lifetime warranty...now, it is 5 years. If Kahr doesn't think enough of its own products to warrant them for life, as does S&W, then I don't either. Second, I do not like the "fluff and buff" (Kahr forum term) that you have to do to most Kahr pistols and magazines to make them perform reliably. Last but not least, a pistol (IMO) should work reliably 100% of the time right out of the box...how many of you would buy a car and put up with it not starting, stalling, or dying while you are driving it for the first few hundred miles? Not me! It would be going back to the dealership...and a car is a lot more mechanically complex than a handgun.

I know any gun can have a few break-in issues, but this "shoot X number of rounds and then call me" that you get from Kahr and Kimber is the main reason I don't own their products any more. S&W also pays shipping both ways if you do need service, which I don't think Kahr does.