View Single Post

Old 04-17-2013, 12:44 AM
US Veteran

Liked 315 Times in 165 Posts

There has definitely been a decrease in quality, craftsmanship and professionalism in a lot of fields today, even with companies that have outstanding reputations for said qualities. After getting back something I've sent in for repair, I always have that little bit of doubt that I got what I paid for. It seems that the emphasis is getting things in and out quickly and making sure they meet the bottom line. People want their eye glasses done in one hour and not like the 2 weeks it used to take. Folks want their bent and dented cars fixed and repainted overnight. People want their teeth out and dentures put in the same day. Speed in getting things done is highly praised and taking more time to do a job right is looked down upon as inefficiency and incompetence. People also don't want to pay for quality. As long as the work is adequate and the price is low, that's great. When you go and perform high quality work, people complain it takes too long and it costs too much. When I was actively practicing dentistry, I wish I had a dollar for every time I heard someone say "Why should I get work done at XXXX, when I can go to YYYY and get the same thing in half the time and at half the price". Same thing? No way in hell. Those are my thoughts.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: