View Single Post

Old 04-17-2013, 09:36 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASA335 View Post
I was a Plant Manager for Kimber of America at the time those sporterized Swedish Mausers were being put together. We had hundreds of those rifles to convert, both the carbines and full rifles. I still have one of the full size unconverted rifles from that shipment (I bought it at the employee price).

I've shot a fair number of them after the conversion. Many of the ones I test fired could throw some pretty good groups. I've also shot a fair number of the .22's we were making, plus the Daewoo guns we were distributing. Oh, and I did some of the developmental test firing for the Kimber .45.

Peace,

P.S. The actual "plant" that I managed was in Colton, OR. The main "plant", where the .22's were made, and the main Kimber office was in Clackamas. The Swedish Mauser conversions were actually done in Colton.
I've been a fan of these for years. Attempted to get on in .338 Win. Mag. for a hunt in Alaska, but the gun store dropped the ball.

Just purchased one in .30-'06 off of Gunbroker and have yet to take possession of it.

ASA335, Do you mind if I ask a few questions of you?

What scope base is compatible with this? I'm thinking Mauser 98 Large Ring Military, but I'm not sure. Looking at Warne Maxima for Rings and want the correct bases.

What is the barrel contour? I want to buy an aftermarket wood stock, but need to know the barrel contour in order to buy the correct stock configuration.