View Single Post

Old 04-20-2013, 09:31 AM

Liked 68 Times in 29 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgh4445 View Post
Well, if you think your barrel might be a tad loose, and you wanna tighten it up, go ahead and get a large zip lock bag. How do I know? Well lets just say the the detente and the spring for the barrel latch got plumb away from me. Ordered another this afternoon. Put the latch end of the barrel into the zip lock in case you somehow push the latch catch all the way back and out of its track. While on this subject, do the rings with the notches all the way around have one that is larger so that the latch can catch on that one? Mine does. I think there is also a witness mark on the ring housing. Just making sure mine hasn't somehow wallowed one of the notches out.
Not exactly sure what you're asking, so forgive me if I answer incorrectly. The barrel adjusting ring (which is the part I think you're referencing) on both of mine has no notches that are larger than the rest.
I also can find no witness mark anywhere.
I adjust mine while the rifle is still partially assembled. I simply unlock the barrel lock, twist the barrel assembly to loosen, adjust the ring one click, and twist the barrel back to check fit. I do use the large plastic bag trick when working on items with small parts or springs that like to get away.