View Single Post

Old 04-21-2013, 03:49 PM

Liked 6,354 Times in 2,185 Posts
Default Pachmayr and Hogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantu357 View Post
I know rubber grips are just plain ugly, but is it just me or do the Pachmayr grips really seem much comfortable than the Hogues? On the other hand I have noticed the fit and finish of the Pachmayrs are not as good as they used to be, or maybe I just got a bad batch. Though when shooting full house loads that covered backstrap is a blessing!
On all my third generation semi-autos with single stack mags, I much prefer Hogue Grips. Double stacks I leave with the S&W factory grips on them.

For my revolvers it is Pachmayr all the way. I put the presentation/compac grips that cover the backstrap on all my revolvers with RB stocks. For my hand they are just right in size and they really help with the felt recoil.

I really don't like any of the custom wood grips, as I am at an age where I am developing some recoil sensitivity, and the rubber grips make a huge difference. I have mostly RB revolvers. I have not yet changed out the grips on my Square Butt revolvers. They don’t get much use now anyway.

I am not concerned about having pretty fancy wood grips, but I am concerned about having functional grips that help me shoot better. The rubber grips are just too functional for me to spend extra money on fancy wood grips, no matter how good they look. Twenty years ago it would not have made much difference to me as recoil then was just not a problem.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: