Thread: Traffic Stop
View Single Post

Old 04-27-2013, 03:29 PM

Liked 293 Times in 152 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road Rat View Post
I guess I don't understand furnishing information to the officer that is not required by law and is not relevant to the traffic stop.

The officer stopped you for a traffic offense......this has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that you have a carry permit.

My opening that can of worms you just created more problems. If you are asked to get out of the car.........then you mention that you have a permit and that you are armed!
I agree... and disagree. No harm no foul if they don't discover a weapon on you. On the other hand if they are watching your hands as your reaching for your wallet and your cover garment moves and exposes your gun... Now you could have problems. Including a bullet wound. Each situation would be different I suppose depending on how you carry.

On my drive to and from work I have a gun tucked into the front of my waistband in a pocket holster. I really dont want a cop walking up to my window and notice the gun there while Im rummaging around for my information and be shot because it looks like Im reaching for a gun.