Thread: Traffic Stop
View Single Post

Old 04-27-2013, 09:27 PM
US Veteran

Liked 17,123 Times in 5,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road Rat View Post
I guess I don't understand furnishing information to the officer that is not required by law and is not relevant to the traffic stop.

The officer stopped you for a traffic offense......this has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that you have a carry permit.

My opening that can of worms you just created more problems. If you are asked to get out of the car.........then you mention that you have a permit and that you are armed!
If you open a can of worms then you must have something to hide. I don't understand the selfishness around here at times. Put yourself in the cops shoes. He just wants to go home to his family unharmed. If informing him that I am LEGALLY armed puts him just a little at ease then the stop will go much better.

For the record I've been pulled over twice in the last 30 years. One for speeding and the other a burned out tail light. Both times I informed the officer that I was legally armed. Both times they were so appreciative that they let me go with a warning.

Edited to add: If you're asked to get out of the car, your problems are worse than a simple traffic stop. And waiting until then to inform him that you are armed is foolish.

Last edited by Kanewpadle; 04-27-2013 at 09:37 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: