Thread: aluminum 15-22?
View Single Post

Old 04-29-2013, 03:26 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

First off sorry! To tystyx I do that. More so when I type on the tablet. But you read it lol! For the most part I got the idea of the aluminum parts across. This 15-22 is my first AR style! I have had weapons from the time I was 10 a Stevens 22. Never gave much thought to a modern style. I like the idea of a build could I put a m&p 15 together as a dedicated 22?
I have looked into it and found if I am right the AR 15 lower will not fit a M&P 15-22? have watched a lot of videos on YouTube about building a AR but really how hard is it? Bunch of answers? like how much would it cost about? And what needs to be bought? As I said I know a bit but probably just enough to be dangerous! I do shoot larger Cal 44. But the 22 is easy and with the 10 yo grandson he can shoot it. My other unknown is how interchangeable are parts? From say the M&P to say Colt that probably a bad choice but you get the idea plus this may be a bad thing to ask but would it be better to just stay with just one company for the complete rifle?
I know long post but just to many things and not many I can ask. Here guns in Illinois are scary for the media believers! I don't dare start into that LOL.