Thread: Traffic Stop
View Single Post

Old 04-29-2013, 11:33 PM
Banned

Liked 381 Times in 216 Posts

Quote:
If you open a can of worms then you must have something to hide. I don't understand the selfishness around here at times. Put yourself in the cops shoes. He just wants to go home to his family unharmed. If informing him that I am LEGALLY armed puts him just a little at ease then the stop will go much better.
Once again..."shall inform" has nothing to do with officer safety. Cops aren't shot by CPL holders who don't intend to shoot them. "Shall inform" is for the safety of the CP carrier! So they're not justifiably shot when a CP carrier goes for his wallet and forgets he has a gun right by his back pocket. Make a move for a wallet with a gun next to it? Good way to cause a lot of extra paperwork for the cops....If you are REQUIRED to announce, it's easier for the lowest common denominators to avoid get shot by the police.

Informing or not informing doesn't put me any more at ease. Number one, I assume everyone is armed. Number two, I don't assume a CPL holder is any less dangerous than anyone else I assume may be carrying. We have plenty of issues with CPL holders. It is not a "good guy" card. I don't determine if anyone gets a ticket based on whether they have a CPL card...Police or military ID maybe, but not a CPL card.

Last edited by MaximumLawman; 04-29-2013 at 11:35 PM.