View Single Post

Old 04-30-2013, 03:08 PM

Liked 14 Times in 8 Posts
Thumbs up

Nice review mm6mm6,
This is the one that sold me! It’s my first S&W. Sorry, also my first post here. About 5 years ago for my daughter’s 21st birthday I told her to pick a gun for her birthday present. I gently nudged her towards any US or European auto, but I gave her enough material to make her own choice. She chose an Airweight 38 J frame – I loved IT ! Since then I wanted something similar but in a 357. It took all this time until the stars lined up and I stumbled into the local bricks and mortar place and it was there. I wasn’t even aware of this model. I think it was the fluted barrel that did me in. The full moon clips with a countersunk cylinder .. seriously? why did it take a hundred years to come up with that? I must have it. And “the lock” was missing .. really? I don’t need to keep looking for an old gun! I need this one!
After 80 rounds of a variety of ammo my hand did indeed hurt. Ok, I’ll admit, it hurt more the next day and even more the third day. The backbone is a bit pointed. Yes, rubber but pointed rubber still hurts. I trimmed it with a razor blade and followed up with different grades of sandpaper until it looked good again. I haven’t shot it since, still waiting for my hand to heal.
Most of what I had shot low and left. The muzzle crown looks to be off center a little. One load was a lot better than the rest but my targets ended up in the trash so I have to start over again.

Last edited by Feez357; 04-30-2013 at 03:20 PM.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: