View Single Post

Old 05-01-2013, 08:27 AM

Liked 6,256 Times in 2,327 Posts

Re: Wrong ammo.

I don't care who the seller might be. He sold the wrong ammunition. That is the bottom line. The buyer asked for and had every right to expect that what the seller sold to him was the correct ammunition. The error is entirely on the part of the seller. Excuses to the contrary are without merit.

Contact the seller and insist that he correct his error. At a absolute minimum he should exchange the ammo for the correct ammo. He should pay all shipping costs both ways. It is his error. If he complies, let the matter rest. If he refuses, facebook, etc. are excellent tools to use to hit him where it hurts... in his customer base. With the current level of prices on ammo, etc., sellers have no desire to loose business by having their reputation trashed because of their failure to appropriately deal with the legitimate expectations of customers that a purchase/order be filled as requested/ordered.

If the seller will not exchange the ammunition that he incorrectly sold, then if it was purchased on a credit card, the buyer should contact the credit card company and dispute the purchase. That is at least one way to put the monkey on the back of the seller and force him to deal with his error. If buying in a local where it will later be difficult to seek resolution of a potential problem, it is wise to use a credit card simply for the leverage it gives the buyer.

Over the years I have bought a lot of rifle ammunition on line, at gun shows and in gun shops. In those years I have had exactly one instance in which the wrong ammunition was shipped. That was a case of 1,000 rds. of Danish M-2 ball purchased online in I believe 2005. That company refused to allow a return, etc., etc., etc. The owner also acted like it was my fault that he/his employees made the mistake, etc., etc., etc. He also went ballistic with his mouth making threats up to and including legal action if I did not meekly comply with his demands to shut up and make the best of things. Perhaps that is how he got away with treating other customer complaints. In this instance, I simply forwarded copies of his e-mails, etc., to MasterCard. Amazingly he soon called and paid all return shipping, w/o restocking fees, without the wooden crate, etc. I was refunded all my money in full. This company was Ammoman. The owners name is Eric. If anyone wants to see the copies of correspondence, etc., I can probably find them.

Just another suggestion. If the seller refuses to exchange the ammo, wait till the next gun show. Then, set up outside w/ a poster listing the seller by name and stating that he is not to be trusted, etc. I used a similar approach to deal with a seller at a gun show who represented a K-98 as a all matching GI bringback. When examination after purchased demonstrated that the stock was not matching (numbers stamped inside the barrel channel, handguard, did not match rifle) he refused a refund. Simply standing near his table with the rifle and a sign stipulating the problem turned out to be very effective. He fully refunded the entire purchase price. His protest of not knowing were not persuasive. Try this method if other approaches yield no results. It will be at least one way to put pressure on him and at the same time inform any potential customers that he is not to be trusted. There are to many good companies/sellers. People like this need to be identified and forced either to be honest with customers or else find some other way to make a living. I hope this situation resolves to your satisfaction. Sincerely. brucev.

Last edited by brucev; 05-01-2013 at 08:40 AM.