View Single Post

Old 05-02-2013, 08:28 PM

Liked 14 Times in 8 Posts

Swee-eet gun, MM6MM6, and I know just why you like it so much.

I had been saving to get myself a really nice gun for my 50th birthday. I love snubbies, but have never owned a nice one. But, I had not made up my mind as to what type of gun I was gonna get. I've always wanted a PPK or a 1911, and was leaning toward one of those. Then I went to Cheaper than Dirt looking for .38spcl range ammo. They didn't have any, of course.

Then I made the mistake of strolling over to the gun counter and saw it - the Smith Model 640 Pro-Series. The best sights I've ever seen on a snubby, the impeccable S&W fit and finish, the awesome trigger pull, the great balance, the great grip... it followed me home, and it is my 50th BD present to myself.

I managed to scrounge up some ammo, and took it to the range. Swee-eet! The Trijicon sights make all the difference in the world, and I've got to say that it is the best snubby I've ever owned. Got it stoked with 110 grain WWB .357 right now, cuz that's the only .357mag I can find. But this Friday I'm gonna try some Remington 158gr FMI loads (.38spcl). I have no problem with carrying a snubby for an EDC, and this S&W 640 Pro-Series is one heck of a sweet primary carry. It's well-worth the extra coin, and in this case I think Smith really does have a right to charge a premium price.

Last edited by Roy Odhner; 05-02-2013 at 08:35 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: