View Single Post

Old 05-03-2013, 08:52 PM

Liked 1,016 Times in 358 Posts

FOLLOW UP

I bought a brand new Shield 9 from Kittery TP.

My trigger broke out of the box at a horrible 9+ lbs.

It stacked at the end and there was enough OT for my front sight to move causing follow through issues.

I took it apart and found roughness in the striker block hole in the slide. I cleaned up the roughness and polished on the striker block and sear and got my trigger to break at the 8 lbs range but with still a stacking feel at the end with the heavy OT snap.

I opted for the Apex Shield Carry Kit through Brownells. Did not want to pay but did not like my trigger either.

Install was easy.....first trigger break average was approx 6.5 lbs with no stacking trigger and no heavy snap at the end. My front sight stays put.

After numerous dry snaps.....my trigger averages just an ounce over 6 lbs.

And I have a very positive trigger reset click compared to my factory trigger 9c which has a decent break and required the APEX RAM for a better reset feel.

While I did not like the added expense of the trigger kit.....I was one of the unlucky ones with a horrible out of the box trigger.

I ruined my rear sight cosmetics trying to get it out as SW must have put it in with a 10,000 lbs press.....so I have been EYE balling the 10-8 rear for the Shield. Find a matching old man front sight for the 10-8.....and I think I have a keeper!

If you got a SHIELD with a horrible trigger....spend the extra on a drop in APEX CARRY KIT!