View Single Post

Old 05-04-2013, 09:58 AM

Liked 101 Times in 47 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZH View Post
I am looking to buy a new CCW. I was thinking about the 40c. I am seeing a lot of posts on the shield on here.
I like the fact that I can convert the 40c to 9mm if I want and put a full size mag in the C.

What are y'all's input on the two?

Thanks
Zack
Using Tapping To Talk
A buddy has the 9c and loves it. However the 9c is exactly the same width as my 9 FS. For various reasons (body size, shape, etc.) I found it quite difficult to conceal carry the 9 FS -- width of the gun (including grip with the double-stack mag) being paramount. So it was a no-brainer for me to purchase my Shield 40. (I opted for the 40 as this was the only Shield that came in to the store over several months.) It is SO MUCH more concealable. IMO, I am only sacrificing number of rounds. At 6+1, I should be able to do what is necessary at the time. If for some strange reason, I got involved in a real gun battle -- my arse would be grass anyway, as I am not Dirty Harry.

Here's another oddity -- I have relatively large (not huge) hands -- and yet I love the grip on my Shield. I also opt for the small grip on my FS 9.

My 9 FS is now my home defense gun with a mounted Viridian Gen 2 X5L green laser/light (now you talk about the cats' meow!).

Last edited by Der Biermeister; 05-04-2013 at 10:36 AM.