View Single Post

Old 05-04-2013, 02:08 PM

Liked 14 Times in 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm6mm6 View Post
I'll say this about the trigger pull: The weight doesn't matter, it's the smoothness that matters. By smoothness, I mean that it doesn't stack like Colt double actions used to. As you pull the trigger, it does not get heavier or lighter during the pull. It is just perfectly consistent.
I'd agree. The pull weight is nice on my 640 Pro, but what impresses me is how smooth the trigger pull is. I don't care for light trigger pulls on a self-defense gun. There is just too much going on in a self-defense shooting, so the last thing I want to worry about is a hair trigger. I want a trigger pull that is gonna be smooth and consistent.

Combine that with an excellent set of sights (what I think has been the traditional weakness on a snubby), and heavy frame so it can actually digest .357mag rounds or make the good old .38spcl FBI load feel almost like a non +P load, and I think that Smith has come up with the perfect civilian self-defense handgun. Well, at least it's perfect for this civilian. And if the probation department I work for ever lets us probation officers carry on duty, it's gonna be my duty gun as well.