View Single Post

Old 05-06-2013, 09:07 AM

Liked 2,474 Times in 1,144 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by papajohn428 View Post
I don't put too much stock in ME figures, they don't translate to much of anything in the real world. Sad fact is they are based on velocity squared times weight. A BB at 4,000 fps may have more "muzzle energy" than a 45/230 at 750 fps, but that doesn't make it a better round unless you're shooting mosquitoes. Enjoy your boullettes........but I'll stick with what works for me.
Have you ever seen what a small 4,000fps projectile will do???

Mind you, the 4,000fps BB will shed velocity quick, but anything over 3,000fps does horrifying damage to tissue.

Personally, I like the .327 chambering more for it's versatility than it's raw numbers. The .327 is a perfectly adequate defensive round. But , the smaller .32s that can also be utilized make it the complete package. Low recoil small game getter. Cheap to reload target round. Good introductory firearm if the power is progressed a bit at a time; i.e., 32S&W and S&WL, .32 H&R Magnum, then, finally, .327.

And unlike the .38 Spl/.357, the case isn't derived (lengthened) from a competitor's design. The .32 S&W is all "Smith".
The Following User Likes This Post: