View Single Post

Old 05-07-2013, 01:21 PM

Liked 9,428 Times in 4,226 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by peyton View Post
Green frog, I have a model 66, plus a 16-4 cylinder assembly, how do I tell if it will work? I realize I need the barrel but two out of three ain't bad! I already converted two of my 4 inch 16-4's to 327 but I want a stainless revolver now. What barrel length did you go with?
Peyton,

Sorry I missed this question earlier. You can easily remove the cylinder from the Model 66 and replace it with the Model 16-4 cylinder... one screw on the front limb of the side plate is all you need to remove it. If it is too long, no problem, since you can cut down the amount the barrel extends through the frame, and if too short, you can set back the barrel as needed. A barrel should still be get-able from Brownell's, Numrich, etc. The only problem is that you will have a blue cylinder on your stainless gun. If you are going to the effort and expense to build a "dream gun" I would suggest that you find a S&W Model 617 cylinder to rebore or buy a "blank" stainless cylinder from H. Bowen. If that leaves you with an "extra" Model 16-4 cylinder, I'll happily buy it from you for a blue version I want to build soon.

Regards,
Froggie

Still lovin' my Model 616!

Last edited by Green Frog; 05-07-2013 at 01:23 PM.