View Single Post

Old 05-07-2013, 11:32 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 2,458 Times in 876 Posts
Default Shotgun

Having been a SWAT operator for two decades and having "led the parade" many times on "dynamic entries" I am a faithful follower of the 1 oz slug.....I also have carried #4 buck which was dept. issue for normal duty loads.....either one will resolve "social issues" with authority....My home defense shotgun is a Vang Comp 870 ( with surefire forend) which patterns buck shot into very tight patterns.....I keep my house gun loaded with a 2 3/4" load of #2, then a slug, then #4 buck, then alternate with slug and #4 buck....with my 870, 15 yd patterns are about fist size "ratholes"...so it is pretty much academic whether I shoot #2 or buck.....I figure if I haven't solved the problem with the first round of #2, then we will move up the ballistic ladder....with the shotgun, it is pretty much academic overall really, as I have seen several folks shot with trap loads at 7 yds or closer and it created what the pathologists term a "rat hole" wound.....quite effective. And that federal flight control load is indeed a marvel.
The Following User Likes This Post: