View Single Post

Old 05-08-2013, 03:07 PM

Liked 26,309 Times in 9,122 Posts

I have 2 different Rock Chucker presses on the bench right now. They still make a few large dies that use the 1 1/2" threads, I have 12 gauge for brass shell RCBS dies and 20 gauge in C-H/4-D, talk about a big shell holder! FWIW I think, that the Redding T-7 is the best bang for your buck, if you're buying new. For reforming brass I built a 20 Ton hydraulic press about 30 years ago, did 1 batch and never used it since. Since so many obsolete ammo componits are available now, we don't have to use monster presses any more to make them out of something else. But it was something to have .333 swadged down from .338 projectiles to sell for 318 Westly Richards or 33 Winchester when nobody else did. Same with .455 from .458 for some of the British Nitros. Now you can order most of those from Midway! Years ago I picked up a set of 22 cal. bullet swadgeing dies used. Corbon has a unique thread pattern so I've never used them, I thought I might need to soon, but reloading supplies are becoming available again, and the expense vs. quality isn't worth it to me. Ivan.