View Single Post

Old 05-12-2013, 11:26 AM

Liked 372 Times in 188 Posts

Its fun to dream of a 3913 commemorative edition or CS9 V2.0, but it probably will never happen. I would think it is doable - not much different than producing parts for 1911's or revolvers at the Holton plant. But for whatever reason, pricing, slow sales, competition with the M&P, whatever, it just isn't in S&W's current business model.

But us hard core - or as I like to think of the 3d Gen Forum Ratz; we who have discerning tastes in weapons - can dream of the day. I like all the OP's suggestions, but I'd keep it simple and just do cosmetics (isn't that what Kimber does?) Get rid of the Delrin grips and give me some nice rosewood furniture. Of course, that would mean a 2d Gen style backstrap and a replaceable backstrap would allow different sizes. Beyond that, I'd do Melonite, maybe a little gold paint in the markings and do a few full page magazine ads (again like Kimber). Promote it as a limited edition and for the discerning gun owner.

So what model shall we start with? 3913? CS9? CS45?

With my luck S&W will do this, but it will the the 100th Anniversary Edition of the 3d Gen and I won't be around to see it. <G>
The Following User Likes This Post: