View Single Post

Old 05-12-2013, 07:59 PM

Liked 3,205 Times in 1,083 Posts

You know, for all those that say it can't happen......S & W won't do it because it isn't profitable, because the trend is towards polymer, because it is outdated, because people won't pay........

Explain to me how/why Sig is doing it and is profitable, how/why Beretta is doing it and is profitable, how/why CZ is doing it and is profitable...

Sig has never had a successful poly framed gun and they also manufacture a 1911 style gun. Apparently they can balance CNC time between all the models they manufacture. Price point argument? Plenty of folks pay top dollar for Sigs, and they usually don't just sit on the shelves.

Beretta has a government contract, okay. I still see 92/96s selling for $700 brand new. Oh wait, they have not had a successful poly pistol either. And don't mention the PX4...it has been adopted by maybe 1 LE agency?

How about CZ? They make one of the slickest 9 mm pistols around, the 75. Again, I don't know of a single successful polymer design they have put out that has enjoyed widespread success.

It boils down to the fact that when a company ceases to be innovative, it is driven by the bottom line. The M&P provides a greater margin of profitability for S & W. It has nothing to do with the fact that it is better or innovative. It is more profitable.....that's it.