View Single Post

Old 05-12-2013, 11:50 PM

Liked 575 Times in 299 Posts

How many 3913s do you see for sale? How many tactical 3913s?

Just a quick search of previous 3913s on gunsamerica appears that they all sold. Rough ones 600-800 and pristine ones for a grand. It took me a year to find my 3913tsw and I knew what I was looking for. I have not seen another one as nice as it in the year since I bought it. Although several people on this very forum have tried to buy it. I am not trying to sell it. The demand for 3rd gens especially the rare ones far out weigh their supply. Hence why this thread popped up. I own a Hi Power and a bunch of 3rd gens. I can shoot them better than I can my XDm but guess what if I have to fly somewhere and need to check a gun to meet me in my destination then I am not taking any of the rare all metal guns I have but rather my XDm. It is an easily replaceable gun, disposable if you will.

Things change all the time, times and trends but Smith and Wesson has decided to focus on government contracts and supply rather than custom high end firearms. I do not know how you see so many Sigs or Kimbers are out of stock? Just go to the local gun auction sites and see how many they have for sale? it is take your pick. Rare limited production or special edition firearms sell a lot better than millions of production M&Ps. You can go anywhere at anytime and buy another and they are cheap. Why buck the trend?

A 3rd generation SW would be a 1000-2000 dollar gun these days, similar to the 1911s they make. I am sure for a business stance it does not make sense for them to make a 3rd generation gun that would be priced and in direct competition with their 1911 series.