View Single Post

Old 05-13-2013, 09:20 AM
Absent Comrade

Liked 13,195 Times in 2,860 Posts

S&W charged the WVSP $750 for those very nice melonite 4566TSW's. That was within the last two years.

As of today, S&W still makes 3rd gen pistols at their Houlton plant, but limit the sales to LE. Afterall, who would buy an M&P if you could have a 3914 instead? For only $150 more MSRP too.

The m&p doesn't compare well to the 3rd gen pistols. On build quality, trigger, accuracy, reliability or resale value. If you want a second opinion, its ugly too.

I personally think the m&p pistols are the 2nd most overhyped, overated guns on the market. Next to Kimbers. I've shot many different model m&ps in different calibers over the last 5 years. You couldn't give me one as a gift. If I were to carry striker fired plastic, I'd get a new Glock 30S. Good trigger. Very accurate gun.

Evidently there are also other gun guys out in LE who DON'T want m&p's. They want 3rd gen pistols. S&W initially told the WVSP that they wouldn't make or sell any more 4566TSW's for them. They said they would trade them m&p pistols for their inventory of older 4566TSW's. WVSP told S&W to go pound sand with their m&p. They would buy the Glock 21 instead. S&W decided they could make and sell some more 4566TSW's after all. Imagine that. Regards 18DAI