View Single Post

Old 05-19-2013, 07:10 PM

Liked 13 Times in 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bret View Post
I've been on a waiting list for a new 40S&W Shield for quite a while. It finally came in at a LGS, so I went by and picked it up for $425+tax. I have not had a chance to shoot it yet, but I've noticed that the trigger pull is significantly heavier than the sample gun the LGS had. I measured it using my Lyman trigger pull gauge and it averages about 9Lbs, 12oz. Yes, I did check the SKU number which is 180020, so it's not the MA compliant model. Do the Shield triggers start out heavy and lighten up or am I looking at having to have the trigger worked on?
I had the same exact problem. There are a lot of reasons the trigger is that heavy. Non of them are because of springs in the gun. All the problems are due to ****** parts inside the gun. They need to be smoothed out by hand. If you smooth out all the parts you can get your trigger pull down to just under 4 pounds.

I did a trigger job to my shield and got it down to 3.5 pounds. I'm working on a video to show how it's done. I just haven't finished it up.
The Following User Likes This Post: