View Single Post

Old 05-19-2013, 10:54 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 321 Times in 138 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero Senpai View Post
I haven't owned a gun yet but I'm planning on picking up a S&W SD9VE here in the next few months and was wondering if I had to do anything to it before I shoot it. Cause I was planning on getting the gun and a box of ammo and going straight to the range to get some practice in on it. So please let me know thanks..
I don't want to read too much into this, but the first thing I notice is you have never owned a gun and in a few months you plan to buy the SD9VE and go to the range for some practice.

I suggest you go to the range first and meet the owner/manager and some of the regulars. Try out several revolvers and semi-autos. As an instructor, I find that semi-autos are the rage, but they are not suited for everyone.

The 9mm does not have the recoil of a 40 S&W or a 45 ACP, but it is not a 22 LR either.

There is probably a NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Class offered in your area. What ever your selection, SAFETY FIRST, read the owners manual, and put in the trigger time to really get to know your gun, especially if this is for self defense and/or home protection.
The Following User Likes This Post: