View Single Post

Old 05-20-2013, 01:42 AM

Liked 394 Times in 221 Posts
Lightbulb

I'll second the motion to use some grease, rather than oil, on the frame rails. I also use it on the unlocking lugs, since that steel barrel slams into them with a lot of force.

I have a 6906, and it's my concealed carry pistol about 99% of the time. I like the safety of the first shot being double action.

It seems like EVERY time I read about somebody shooting themselves, or having a negligent discharge, it's always a Glock.

Very rarely, it's another striker fired pistol with no manual safety. In my mind, carrying one of those makes about as much sense as carrying a revolver with the hammer cocked. Yes, it won't fire unless you pull the trigger, but damn: that's a stupid way to carry a firearm.

Your 6904 is an excellent semiautomatic pistol. Smaller than the full sized, or 'service' size pistols, yet not so small that you can only get 2 fingers on the grip. It's a perfect size for concealed carry.

They are quite accurate pistols, with the very nice and highly visible Novak 3 dot sights.

The 6904 will handle +P 9mm ammunition, but I would recommend that you do most of your shooting using standard pressure 9mm ammunition, to save on wear and tear on the frame. After all: S&W isn't making them anymore.