View Single Post

Old 05-20-2013, 08:42 AM

Liked 689 Times in 417 Posts

Great looking T, I love the box strapped on the back of your motorcyle with snow on the ground no less...very cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien VFR View Post
If I'm not mistaken, open carry IS legal in Philly as long as you posess a valid ccp.
From the PAFOA (PA Firearms Owners Assoc.) webpage:

To summarize, open carry is legal in Pennsylvania without a License To Carry Firearms except in "cities of the first class" (Philadelphia) and vehicles where a License To Carry Firearms is required to do so.

With that said, we would like to point out that there is much debate among firearm owners about whether openly carrying firearms is really a good idea. While we will leave that choice to the individual we will state that in many urban areas (namely Philadelphia) doing so will draw unwanted attention from law enforcement that may include (but not be limited to) the following repercussions:

Being stopped and questioned by law enforcement.
Having your License To Carry Firearms seized and sent back for revocation.
Being arrested either improperly or for other charges like disturbing the peace or creating a public nuisance.

While this may not happen should you choose to carry openly, many urban law enforcement officers we have talked to have expressed a very negative opinion towards the idea. Some have suggested that law enforcement will do everything in their power to make your life difficult should you choose to.

Technically open carry is legal in Phila too, but I would never do it....you're just asking for trouble from Philly cops....and you don't need that at all.
The Following User Likes This Post: