View Single Post

Old 05-21-2013, 11:18 AM
US Veteran

Liked 3,823 Times in 2,040 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by batmann View Post
If one will notice, the ones that use the "tier" system are always the ones that own the $2-5000 custom AR styles from various builders that THEY consider top tier.
My S&W M&P MOE feeds anything I put in the mags, including some pretty bad Russian steel case stuff that choked my friends 'top tier' brand.
My BCG is 'mil spec', my barrel is chrome lined (1/9) and it just plain works after several thousnad rounds. Not top tier?
To me, top tier is (like 1911's) is a way to get you to pay more for the same parts that most everybody is using, BUT I (my experience only) have found brand name does not translate into any better reliability and that is what I expect out of my firearms, AR (M&P), pistol (I have couple of Glocks), revolvers (Smiths and Rugers).
To me, they are all top tier.
Not trying to bust your bubble, but unless you have changed the BCG in that MOE, it is not mil-spec. S&W uses the semi-auto BCG, where mil-spec calls for the full auto type. The S&W BCG is still good quality, as it is HPT, MPI, and all that stuff, but not mil-spec.

I haven't changed mine, works fine in a semiautomatic rifle.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: