Thread: S&W 659
View Single Post

Old 05-25-2013, 02:40 AM

Liked 16 Times in 11 Posts

I just recently bought my first 659 at a local pawnshop. This is my fourth S&W semiauto and I find them to be excellent pistols. The 659 had a fair amount of scratches on the sides of the slide, but with careful sanding and Dremel polishing wheel it looks great-the shiny slab sides of the slide look slick, contrasting with the sandblasted top and she shoots like a champ. Mine carries the Pachy rubber grips and even with my small hands, this baby feels good in hand. I'm looking for factory issue plastic grips, but would also consider Hogues. If I can't find anything, I could live with the Pachmayrs. I'm thinking of taking a single edge razor blade and slicing off the mainspring housing wrap around section off so it thins the grip a bit, exposing the gun's backstrap, making it look like Sniper47s Uncle Mike's set up. don't want to monkey with the rubber grip's backstrap area until I get some replacement grips in case the idea doesn't work well.

I've only run a couple hundred rounds through this great gun and already it's wormed its way into my heart! I'm reloading a pile of 9mm rounds and plan to hit the gravel pit this week and really get to know this gun.

Last edited by IRONVIC52; 05-25-2013 at 02:43 AM.