Thread: Thumb safety
View Single Post

Old 05-27-2013, 10:52 PM
US Veteran

Liked 381 Times in 99 Posts

A safety is a deal breaker for me. I regard a Glock as akin to a Browning HP cocked with the safety off. I have one Glock and I use the trigger block safety, that little hunk of plastic that you slip behind the trigger and just push out of the way when you want to fire. Got 6 of em, so if I lose one or two is no big deal. I have been packing weapons professionally fo very close to half a century and my worst fear is a gun grab. Been there, done that, not fun. Normally when in a crowd situation I pack my BHP with the weapon at half cock and the safety on. Let some gun grabber try to figure that out before I get my 940 out of my left pocket and into action-not likely. Since we are now carrying Walther PPQs, I drop the firing pin on a loaded chamber so that all I have to do is slip the slide back about 1/8th of an inch to fire, and do it while drawing, using the holster as a "shelf" to do it on. Works perfectly. I do have 2 M&Ps, a fullsize .357 and compact .45. We are going to be allowed either of them starting in July after we qualify with them-but they must have a safety! It is very easy to wipe the safety off while presentng the weapon. I am a definite safety fan.