View Single Post

Old 05-29-2013, 08:21 PM

Liked 1,326 Times in 723 Posts

I have the 34-1 in 4" and would recommend it or the 63. Let me throw out something from my experience.

In all the .22 revolvers I've ever owned, 6 shots is actually BETTER than 8 and here is why: The .22 brass expands a bit when you shoot it. After 100 or so rounds through the gun, ejection tends to get 'sticky', i.e. it's hard to eject the spent cases. Ok, bear with me here, this, IMHO, is due to the friction. More rounds = more friction - harder ejection. Again, IMHO, all the Ruger SP101s, Taurus 94s (9 shots), etc, were all harder to eject the spent cases than my 34.

In fact, I recently (albeit briefly) switched to the Ruger SAs - like the single six - because I wanted the ejector rod. Well, I am not a fan of the Single Six anymore so I bought the brand new Ruger Bearcat Shopkeeper.

Ruger Bearcat Shopkeeper Stainless 22 LR

Well, I really like the Shopkeeper buuuttt (didn't somebody say something about Ruger QA?) out of the box it wouldn't fire on 3 cylinders, sent it back, a month later I get it back and it has horrible timing and lockup issues, not to mention the cylinder gap throws stuff EVERYwhere GRRRRRRR. So, back to Ruger it went today. I haven't even had an opportunity to take a picture. Here's a stock photo.

Edit: I've been promising to do a review on the Shopkeeper but haven't been able to yet. FYI: posters on other forums have reported nothing like my experience with the SK, so don't let my experience sway your opinion. I gotta say; it is one really, really cool little gun.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg shop1[1].jpg (107.5 KB, 89 views)

Last edited by M3Stuart; 05-29-2013 at 08:24 PM.