View Single Post

Old 06-04-2013, 03:55 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Peter - Maybe I am misunderstanding your post, or you may be misunderstanding mine. I can not even get the slide off to begin with, so there is no "re-inserting" the slide yet. This isn't during re-assembly, this is during disassembly. Can't get disassembled past this point:

This is where is gets stuck and no matter how much muscle, wiggling, tapping with rubber mallet, etc. the slide will not go further forward than this. I can easily reassemble the gun from here, pushing back the slide, putting the pin in, etc. but that I need to be able to disassemble this gun eventually so I can't really give up!

Here is what I mean about it appearing the slide is either getting stuck on (or it at least appears very, very close to being stuck on) the hammer. The problem is the trigger does not operate the trigger at this point. It pulls freely. If I put the slide back to normal position, I can pull the trigger, which puts the hammer back, but then whenever I push the slide forward, it takes the hammer "with it" and I end up in the position of this photo each time.

Any other thoughts before I have to send this back to Smith or trade it on something else (P238, LC9). Really don't want to trade it b/c it feels really good in the hands and I like it for deep concealed carry needs. Though most of the time I will carry some form of 3-4" 1911 or a small frame Smith revolver (model 60 pro series mostly), I do carry this one relatively frequently.