Thread: SD40VE Parts
View Single Post

Old 06-05-2013, 11:40 AM
US Veteran
Absent Comrade

Liked 5,261 Times in 1,885 Posts

I just replaced the polymer rear sight on my SD9VE with a steel rear sight for a M&P 9. The sight drifts out with a punch, and you can drift the new sight back in. I don't have a sight pusher, so I used a punch and took it slow and easy, until I had it centered. Besides being steel, the sight has a recess and the white dots aren't just painted on, like the stock one that comes on the SD9VE.

I ordered the sight from MidwayUSA, and it doesn't include the set screw. I don't remember if they sell them on MidwayUSA, but when I got the sight, I called S&W to see about buying a set screw, and they sent me a couple for free.

The other accessories I have on my SD9VE, and I would recommend, are the Galloway stainless steel recoil assembly (I got the one in the stock 17 pound weight), the extended take down lever, and a Pachmayr grip sleeve. I also bought an extra SW9VE magazine and put on a SD9VE base plate (which S&W also sent me for free) since I couldn't find SD9VE magazines at the time.

I didn't and won't do anything to the trigger. I knew when I bought it that it was going to be heavier than the M&P series...and since it doesn't have a safety, that is fine with me. If I had wanted a better/lighter trigger, I would have bought a different gun. That's just me...YMMV.

Last edited by GKC; 06-05-2013 at 11:44 AM.