View Single Post

Old 06-05-2013, 10:12 PM

Liked 6,562 Times in 2,597 Posts

Mr. Night Hawk, lots of good advice above by posters. I've been a life long LGS shopper. LGS owners are like any business owner, it is the same difference in any person. Friendly or cranky.

Like one person posted introducing yourself, explaining your are wanting to buy a pistol and would like their advice. I've seen many newbies both men and women start this way. It opens the door, they can help, they know you are relying on their judgement and most of the time you will get good service.

However; there are some horse patoots in LGS's too, if they are not receptive I leave. If you want my money you need to earn it.

My favorite LGS was sold, I did lots of business there. If I was pressed to go get someone who in my personal opinion was bipolar the new owner would be 1st choice. After my 2nd trip I left never to return.

There are more LGS', go in say hello and ask a few questions. I perceived a little shyness in your post, you sort of expected them to open up to you, seize the moment and speak up. And if they don't smile and leave.

Also search online for licensed gun dealers in your area who will receive your gun for a fee and help you out. There are FFL folks who work out of their house. Get insurance.....
The Following 2 Users Like Post: