Thread: SD40VE Parts
View Single Post

Old 06-06-2013, 03:48 PM
Banned

Liked 31 Times in 20 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKC View Post
I just replaced the polymer rear sight on my SD9VE with a steel rear sight for a M&P 9. The sight drifts out with a punch, and you can drift the new sight back in. I don't have a sight pusher, so I used a punch and took it slow and easy, until I had it centered. Besides being steel, the sight has a recess and the white dots aren't just painted on, like the stock one that comes on the SD9VE.

I ordered the sight from MidwayUSA, and it doesn't include the set screw. I don't remember if they sell them on MidwayUSA, but when I got the sight, I called S&W to see about buying a set screw, and they sent me a couple for free.

The other accessories I have on my SD9VE, and I would recommend, are the Galloway stainless steel recoil assembly (I got the one in the stock 17 pound weight), the extended take down lever, and a Pachmayr grip sleeve. I also bought an extra SW9VE magazine and put on a SD9VE base plate (which S&W also sent me for free) since I couldn't find SD9VE magazines at the time.

I didn't and won't do anything to the trigger. I knew when I bought it that it was going to be heavier than the M&P series...and since it doesn't have a safety, that is fine with me. If I had wanted a better/lighter trigger, I would have bought a different gun. That's just me...YMMV.
Thanks for the recs. I was considering some of those for my sd9ve, especially the extended take down lever. I am thinking that would be much better for my arthritic hands.

I am still considering whether to lighten my trigger pull. The first time I shot, I was a little discouraged. The second time, after many dry fires, I was much better but still not good. I shot it for the third time on Wed. after more dry fires, and my groupings were in the two inch range at 7 yards, three at 10 yards. For me this is good considering where I started. My problem is that my groupings are all in the nines or better, but some high, some right, some left, some low. If I shoot right on the bullseye, I am always low. I don't want to say this is a sight problem because it is probably my problem since I am low with my wife's sar b6p. But when I shot my son's Ruger SR9 (a very sweet gun btw imo for the price) I was all over the bullseye. He took the back sight and painted the dots orange and this makes the white front dot stand out. I need to find me someone that can watch me shoot and give me pointers, but that would probably be expensive. I have til the end of June to decide if I want to replace the sear spring from the sigmatrigger.com website and reduce the pull down to between 5.5 and 6.

Last edited by badjuijui; 06-06-2013 at 03:50 PM.