View Single Post

Old 06-06-2013, 10:07 PM

Liked 5,898 Times in 1,224 Posts

NO stop is ever routine! I,as another poster already stated, prefer a passenger side approach especially at night! I can think of at least twice where it worked to my advantage. One was on a traffic stop for speeding on an Interstate in the middle of the night. He was watching for me in his driver's side mirror with his license in his left hand & his right beside his leg holding a snubby Model 10. When I challenged him ,he realized that he couldn't turn toward me fast enough and put the gun down. The second was on a burglar alarm call at a closed convenience store at about 3:30am. Two of us arrived in separate patrol cars and were checking the building when an old pickup pulls up from across the parking lot. The other deputy approaches from the driver's side and I came up on the right and saw the .30-30 Winchester on the seat next to the guy. He never admitted it. But,I always figured the guy shook the door etc. to set the alarm off ,parked just away from the building in the dark and was going try an ambush if a single car arrived. When we both got there about the same time coming in from different directions, he must have thought we'd seen him first & his plans changed.

Last edited by policerevolvercollector; 06-06-2013 at 10:14 PM.