View Single Post

Old 06-07-2013, 08:16 AM

Liked 17,200 Times in 7,303 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Star View Post
It looked to me as if the cop didn't shoot when he should, and shot too much after the suspect dropped. It will be interesting to see what the review board says. Of course, they weren't the one this guy was firing at!

Could the cop have been changing magazines? Didn't look as if he'd fired that much at the time.

I hope we learn which caliber and ammo were involved, and where the bad guy was hit. I know of one jihadist who was hit at some 15 feet, in the solar plexus or thereabouts. One round of 9mm NATO from a Beretta M-9 dropped him and he scrabbled around on the floor before dying about a minute later. Others who were well hit usually dropped at once, although a few needed a second or third shot. This guy soaked up more than that, if all of those rounds hit him. Every gunfight is different.

This creep had info on making bombs. The shooting probably saved some lives and property. I hope the media picks up on that aspect, instead of obsessing about the rifle.
Caliber was most likely 7.62x39. Its the most abundant AK caliber and the mag looks to be like a 7.62 mag although its hard to tell with absolute certainty.

With adrenaline pumping its hard to say how many rounds would be enough. Some people are like bullet sponges ....they just absorb them and keep on going. A few years ago in NYC a man was shot some crazy amount of times by the NYPD and lived. He was shot something like over 20 times.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2