Thread: Truglo on 45C
View Single Post

Old 06-08-2013, 09:32 AM
US Veteran

Liked 47 Times in 25 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry View Post
Interesting to see this question on this topic. I have been in contact with Kevin Levin at Truglo about my TFO sights installed on my M & P 45c. I have included some of the email from Kevin regarding this. I thought my 45c was shooting low and requested the same information. In short one size fits all.

After performing the suggested test at 25 yards I found that these sights worked fine on my 45c. Bottom line Truglo has done a great job working with me to correct a problem I thought I had. They would have taken the slide with mounted sights to correct the problem if it was needed.

525 International Parkway
Richardson, Texas 75081
mailto:[email protected]
P# 972.774.0300 x 120
F# 972.774.0323

Subject: RE: Technical - Gun from the Truglo Website

Dear Mr. Barker,

The best thing to do is to send in your slide and our engineers can examine the two sights in relationship to the slide and see if there is a simple fix for this POI problem.

Our sights are designed for a combat-style POI (directly behind the front sight dot) at 25 yards with a sight picture where all three dots are in alignment. When shooting with the three dots aligned, you will have a slightly swamped sight picture as illustrated above.

While your results are shooting low, we’d ask you to try at the factory designed distance of 25 yards and report back to us with these results. It is important that all shooting be done from a solid rest for repeatability of results.

If you can provide details on the ammunition used, make, bullet style, weight, velocity if available and actual results (location of group and yardage of target), this is all good information to help determine corrective action.

Ken Levin
Customer Service Manager
Swamped picture? Can you explain why the two pics are different? TIA!