Thread: SD40VE Parts
View Single Post

Old 06-08-2013, 10:02 PM
Banned

Liked 31 Times in 20 Posts

"There are a lot of factors that can contribute to accuracy. Does your range have a range officer? If not, then other experienced shooters at the range might be willing to shoot it for you (who wouldn't want to burn up your ammo?) and you can see what results they get. Your sights may be off...it may be your grip...it may be that you are pulling the gun off target due to the heavy trigger...it may be anticipatory flinch. If you shoot better with a different gun, though, it probably isn't your technique in general, as much as it is relative to this specific gun. This just may not be the gun for you...and the SR9/SR9c is a great pistol."

You may have hit the nail on the head. When I played baseball, some bats felt better then others. They were just bats, but I could hit better with a bat that felt better. It may just be that simple. I shot today and by the end of the session I was much better with the SD9VE. I still have one or two that stray out of the groups, but my groupings are still improving. I think I expected too much too soon since I was a good shot growing up with my Marlin .22 repeater and did not need a scope. Shooting has always come natural, but this kind of shooting is more of a challenge than I expected. Practicing by dry firing has really paid off in helping me improve. I forgot who said to do that, but many thanks as it helps me do the same things over and over and it's much cheaper than wasting ammo.
The Following User Likes This Post: