View Single Post

Old 06-09-2013, 09:00 PM

Liked 48 Times in 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyc View Post
thats a lot of extra money for a fancy logo on the barrel
Oh I would prefer the logo not be there at all, those Gunsmoke guys are a bunch of jerks. I just liked the overall look of the polished flutes/trigger/bobbed hammer and cylinder release...like I said "bling" (although subdued compared to some revolvers that are polished/engraved, etc). The extra cost was minimal to me/not a factor as I buy what I like, period. And I don't send out my guns for work by well known gunsmiths (which "might" be cheaper and done better, don't know). Heck the grips were $89 locally (although on the internet they are $75 directly from VZ) and any other cheaper pair would have worked just as good I suppose. But I wanted THOSE grips. I also bought a M60 Pro and a 686 3-5-7 (both 3" barrels) and paid a premium for those models but again, it's what I wanted.

Guess that's why S&W produces so many different models/configurations. Trust me, I know a normal production gun would function and serve me just as well.

Oh......yes, the action is smooth with a light trigger pull.......really nice. That's what sold my neighbor.

Last edited by QB Too; 06-09-2013 at 09:49 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: